Monday, August 21, 2006

Web 2.0

Generated Image
Make your own Web 2.0 Logo
All week, I've been meaning to write a post about how exciting I think "Web 2.0" is. Blogging to the extent that I have this year has opened me up to a whole new world on the Internet. I've been able to syndicate my podcast through iTunes. I've been able to stay on top of my favourite news with RSS. I've been able to share and tag my photos through flickr. I can create word documents in my browser with Writely. I've been able to watch videos through YouTube, and remix them through JumpCut.

Web 2.0 for me is all about putting the power back in the hands of the people. An idealistic view, most certainly, but I love the idea that we have the power to communicate in ways that were once so completely out of reach. It makes me want to get my grandmothers into blogging, so they can be my own versions of Ol Grandma Hardcore, Millie Garfield and Geriatric1927. :D

::further reading::
Web 2.0 Bullshit Generator

2 comments:

Alan Sheldon said...

i'm excited too james, this is a wonderful new age, all of this technology, all of this communication, we can MAKE LOVE TO THE WORLD!

JCriquet said...

I'll get the lube. :D