Friday, April 28, 2006

Location Recce #4 - Royalty Theatre, Bakehouse Theatre, Balfours Factory and Adelaide Uni, plus video podcast!

It was a big day of location recce-ing today. I walked from my house to the Royalty Theatre where I met Sharyn and Maxx. We went in and spoke to the people that manage the theatre, and my notion of using the theatre for the shot with lots of costumes in it is not going to happen, sadly. I've not yet entirely ruled out the chance of using the theatre for the one dressing room shot in episode 2.

We meandered on down to the Arts Theatre next door. They were much busier, much more booked out, but much more helpful. We then went down to the Bakehouse Theatre, where I took some pictures of their dressing room. We then headed to the Balfours building, to where the Fringe headquarters had been earlier this year. We headed for the university. I made this video:



We tried to check out the uni theatres, but the man in charge was busy. Maybe later today, I'll be able to go in and check it out. Sharyn left at this point, but thankfully Maxx stayed with me and we roamed various university buildings, finding quite a few cool sites, but perhaps not yet finding the place we're after. The search continues, with the clock rapidly running out. I want these locations found by Thursday next week, damn it.

I must ring after 11am on Monday morning about the Odeon Theatre.

1 comment:

Alan Sheldon said...

this is awesome! i'm so ripping off putting a video into a blog post if i do something