Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Meet me at Montezuma's...

My trip away was cut short by one day. The good news was that it meant that I was able to attend the production meeting at Montezuma's in Glenelg. It was nice to see everyone in such a social setting, but it was brought down a bit by the fact that three of the group were absent. I'm sure they had their reasons. My girlfriend Amy came with me, so the numbers were boosted by one to a total of seven.

The meeting itself was perhaps not as productive as it could have been, but it was fun nonetheless. One major plus was that we were all able to give each other some feedback on the scripts. Ben's is very funny, and he got a lot of positive feedback about it. Maxx's script still needs some work, though the visual's are going to look great. Adam is getting very involved in his research which is fantastic, and presented us with a list of actors that come recommended by him. Stan had gone to mass on Easter Sunday at St. Peter's Cathedral and is on the prowl for a potential narrator; Amy is going to help him in his search through her work. Sharyn has been busy with re-shoots on the film she worked on over the summer, Family Demons, but has started sending character profiles and scripts to casting agents around town this week. You can keep up to date on all their productions by using the links on the left of this blog.



Further production meetings are happening this week, and I've got a bunch of stuff to do as well. I'll keep you posted on what I get up to this week, including looking at a bilby costume, further location scouting, a trip to SA Casting, and my mission to make a second podcast during the holidays, plus our production meeting, scheduled for Friday at Sharyn's house.

1 comment:

Alan Sheldon said...

i have a few microphones and internet so fast it'll tear your face off!!!! if you want to come all the way down south one day?