Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Shot list meeting...

Had a meeting today with my Director of Photography, Maxx (he of Blind Portrait fame). We pored over the script and tried to work out how the show should look, and how we can get such a look while bearing in mind things like shooting ratios, actor availabilty and, most of all, time. It's going to be "interesting", as Maxx puts it, which means difficult. I'm up for it, though; with proper planning, we can pull this off. My fingers are, of course, crossed.

We've worked out a tentative shot list, though this is subject to dramatic change once we have a location. Speaking of which, we have a major location recce on Thursday. If any of my classmates want to come to this, I'd love you to be there, so give me a call for details. Photos will, of course be posted on Flickr soon after. I'm doing a preliminary location recce tomorrow afternoon, so I might take some photos then.

Other business:

  • I need to re-format my script to proper script format.
  • I need to re-draft my shot list to a more workable format, and distribute it to my producer and DOP.
  • I need to go to SA Casting and hand-deliver my script.
  • I need to write a proper synopsis and select some audition pieces, all of which must be sent to my producer.
Time to get to work. Right after I've gone to see Scary Movie 4 tonight.

No comments: