Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Day #2 - grooving along, with things running fairly smooth

Another day down, and with very positive results. I'm very happy with how things went today; I'm apprehensive about tomorrow's shoot, because I keep thinking we've forgotten something, or that we're going to get to the edit and have forgotten shots. It's all baseless worry, really; Adam's doing an excellent job as 1st A.D., keeping me in line and on schedule. Maxx and Lisa had some problems today with bulbs that kept bursting and that, in Peter's absence, couldn't be replaced. Good on you guys for finding workarounds. The rest of the crew have been phenomenal in their efforts, and the cast are just wonderful. I think we're starting to find our groove.

Interesting happenings:

  • bulbs bursting with no replacement
  • getting locked out for 20 minutes of lunch with no teacher around to let us back in
  • Lynda braving the cold to do her underwear scene in the morning
  • trying to tune the TV unnneccessarily (Guy pointed out that the VCR was off).
  • not having a minder's costume prepared for Trav and changing the script to accomodate this
  • only having the two laundry bags
  • the fridge defrosting and possibly damaging one of the costumes
  • funny, last-minute set dressings
In spite these problems/occurences, they day went smooth and was lots of fun. We got through a lot of shots today, and we've got even less tomorrow. I think I'm a bit more prepared in terms of what we need on set tomorrow. I think. Eep. Tomorrow is the last day in our beautiful hand-made set, and I'm hoping that it goes well.

Like an idiot, I forgot to take any photos today, save for one of my odometer when it read 666 (I'll post it later). What a heel. There will be more photos tomorrow.

No comments: