Monday, June 05, 2006

Day 1 - tardy director, tension, tap sawing and locker attacks

Jesus. Long time no post.

Today we started filming on our completed set. We've had to do schedule re-shuffles on the fly and juggle actors up to the last minute. I was late on set to my own film; the feeling when I got on set, it might've been my own funeral. Once the camera started rolling, though, and tensions started to loosen, I think things started to get better.

My crew were fantastic. Everyone was helpful and willing to help me create what I've had in my mind for the last five months. It's a beautiful thing. Thanks to all of you for such a productive first day. My actors have been great too; we had some hilarious moments, and they've been very accomodating for their bumbling sophomore director. :D I do hope things stay that way. I'm still a young director, and I've still got a lot to learn. But that's what this is all about, and as long as people can appreciate that, I think we'll all get along fine.

I'll try and post later tonight with some pictures and such, but at the moment all I can think about doing is crashing. We'll see how we do.

Update:
Interesting occurences from Day #1

  • Arriving late
  • Sawing a tap in half in desperation to get it to stick on the wall
  • Last minute set dressings in general
  • Getting everyone in costume for the first time
  • Emily finding Lynda a very helpful website for her Norwegian accent
  • Managing to pare down Louise's call times so that she doesn't need to come in Wednesday
  • Trav kicking the shit out of the locker - it's in the show, but I had to mention it.

No comments: