Monday, July 24, 2006

Robustness is next to godliness..

I have spent quite a bit of time over the holidays checking out new web services, sites and programs. I have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the computer, and I've got ass-callouses to prove it.

I've now got four web browsers installed on my computer, and I know what my blog looks like in all of them - quite similar, really, though Firefox doesn't always get the colours right. To think that just over a year ago (I think that's right) I had only Internet Explorer installed. Ha!

Still using Firefox 1.5 as my main browser, but have also now got:

Flock is probably the one that I'm the least impressed with, namely because of it's strange and frustrating method of organising my bookmarks. It does, however, have some cool blogging tools. In fact, I'm using its blog-post function to write this very post. Besides, it's beta: things might get better soon. There's a beta available for Firefox 2.0, but I'm a bit hesitant to download it. Maybe I'll do that later.

Now I'm off to school to edit The Holiday Project, and to maybe get a start on some credits for Adelaide Punk.


Edit: Just found this cool article on the differences between the several major browsers, including a new one to me, Maxthon, now downloaded and ready to roll out.

Blogged with Flock

3 comments:

Alan Sheldon said...

you eat the internet for breakfast!

Alan Sheldon said...

we need to edit adelaide punk to under 10 minutes so i can put it on youtube

JCriquet said...

I do indeed eat said internet for breakfast... it's not always the healthiest of meals, though.

provided we release the film on YouTube under a YouTube Director account, we can make it as long as we want, yo.