Thursday, July 13, 2006

Unboomed...


For anyone who pays a bit more attention to the blogosphere than myself, this'll be old news, but this has been interesting me for the last hour or so:

Amanda Congdon, host of the Rocketboom video blog that I have mentioned here before, has recently left the program, a move that has been met with rather wide-spread media coverage. I had just figured they were on holidays when they stopped making shows on July 4th, but as it turns out, she's gone. Her Rocketboom partner, Andrew Baron, has stated that she left to pursue her dreams in L.A.; Amanda has since retaliated saying that she was fired from the show.

I love that this has garnered such a mass of media interest. Not surprising, I suppose, for a show that gets at least 300,000 complete downloads per day, but I like when blogs make the news. It echoes what Peter was saying the week before last about the growing importance of blogs in society. I love it.

As Amanda was the co-writer (and co-owner) of the show, it's hard to speculate as to what the show will be like post-Amanda, but if it's still cool, I'll keep watching. And I'll keep my eye out for whatever she's doing too. She's a cool chick; she likes Dr. Katz.

No comments: