Saturday, September 30, 2006

somethingtobedesired.com and other Internet shows

somethingtobedesired.com - An Unpredictable Web Series
I only heard about this show from the aforementioned BizPodcasting article, but this show is pretty darn cool, and they've been doing the Internet series thang a whole lot longer than I have.

I've only watched two episodes thus far, but I must say that I am impressed. What I like best about this show is that it's made entirely in Pittsburgh by people who are passionate about the city and the community they live in. The show is set in a community radio station, and as such they play lots of local Pittsburgh content. This was one of the things I wanted to do with my project this year: give exposure to local Adelaide musicians. As it turned out, only one or two of them are actually going to get exposure. Maybe next time, eh?

Anyways, I think it's fantastic what they are doing for their city with this show. And it looks like they have a lot of fun doing it. I look forward to watching more, and possibly getting some ideas for some Adelaide-centric material.

Now that I'm on holidays, I might get a chance to watch some of the other shows mentioned last month on The Jeff Pulver Blog (and here). In the last month, I've been watching lots of Ze Frank (which is excellent), lonelygirl15, and Rocketboom of course. Amanda Congdon has just started her new vlog, AmandaAcrossAmerica. It's only five weeks long, I'd better get started. But yeah, these people don't need my help, and neither do you! Get out there and start watching Internet video!

2 comments:

STBD said...

Ahoy! Thanks for digging us! It's always a thrill to know we're gaining new fans half a world away. Kudos to you for stepping into the world of web series and best of luck!

JCriquet said...

Thanks a lot! My favourite thing about blogging is the ability to have a discourse with people that you might not get to talk to in the public arena. As people who've been doing this a lot longer than me, I really appreciate your taking the time to leave a comment. STBD rocks!