Thursday, September 28, 2006

Suit Up! gets a mention on BizPodcasting

I'm going to have to go all unprofessional here, because I've just found a mention of Suit Up! on another blog, one that I have had nothing to do with prior to this; BizPodcasting.com is a blog/podcast that serves as "a discussion about corporate and business podcasting with tips and guidelines". I found the post using Google's Blog Search tool.

Blogger/podcaster Jon Watson writes (13 Sept. 2006):

Suit Up! is an Internet television program out of Australia that's almost ready. The show is in "fine fine editing" stage and given that the most recent blog posts deal with issues with the end credits, it sounds pretty close to me.

Shows made specifically for Internet distribution aren't exactly common these days, but they're gaining steam. I'm not speaking of the Rocketbooms and Ask a Ninjas of the world, rather the full-length serieses (serieses?) that are able to give any main stream tv show a run for its money.
Thanks, Jon, for your kind words. I'm flattered to think that Suit Up! might "give any main stream tv show a run for its money," but I don't think we're quite aiming to do that here. And we're probably not "at that level", though we are certainly awesome. :D

For one, we're film-school students making this on a very low budget. We've gots the skills, sure, but things might turn out a bit less polished than other productions. Secondly, our format, episode length and delivery are different; our episodes are short, ranging from 2 to 4 minutes in length, much like Rocketboom. There will be six of them, released one-by-one over a six week period. At this stage, once that's over, that's it, but I do hope that in future we could make more episodes, provided the cast and crew are still interested. Thirdly, we're targeting a different audience. The show is rich with internet and pop-culture references that may pare down our viewer base. It's my hope, though, that those that do get the show will like it a lot.

I will have to put together a "What is Suit Up! page to go in the sidebar: I'll get to that in the next few days. In any case, thanks to Jon, and hello to anyone else reading out there who I haven't met personally: don't be afraid to say hi!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy PodCast BatMan thats awesome! Your line an internet sensation before anyone has seen it!

YOU RULE the Cyber Kingdom!
Of Pods that cast